A counseling program to develop Options for families with youth at risk for volatility, school problems and/or mental health issues (such as ADHD)
- Individual and Systemic Family Counseling (includes siblings, parents, school personnel where appropriate)
- Anger Identification and Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication and Social Skills Training
- Relationship Building
- Coping/Pro-Active Parenting Skills
- Mental Health Counseling (examples ADD/ADHD, autism, depression, etc.)
- Crisis Management
- Disordered Eating
- Substance Abuse
- Sexuality Issues
All counselors have Master’s Degrees, experience in making assessments of problems and intervening in crisis situations. All hold a license from the State of Illinois as Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
In some cases a person’s insurance may cover a part of the fees. Grants help pay the cost when clients are not able to cover the entire fee which is why we are able to offer some reduced rates based on income. Decisions about the amount of the fee are determined prior to the start of counseling.